The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure my first post on this website should be some pics of my freshwater aquarium. I have had it up and runing for a little over a year but now i am VERY interested in plaudariums thats what drew me to the site.

MARCH 06

SEPTEMBER 06

JANUARY 07

MARCH 07

Its been up for about 1 year but constantly adding or changing plants 3 female puffers and 3 ottos actually i think one died about a month ago but i cant find its body... but there have been no crazy ammonia spikes so whatever gotta love freshwater ...this is kind of neglected due to the reef hence the jungle look.

10gallon
50% water change once or 2x per week
15W light 6700K
13W light desklamp on a few hours a day
Flourish Excel

Some ferts just a pinch of each at water changes;
potassium phosphate
calcuim nitrate w/ ammonia
potassium sulphate
potassium Nitrate
and i chuck in a banana every now and then to get the potassium levels up

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Alright, it's good to have another Dwarf keeper around!
From my experience, they like as heavily planted tanks as you can visually handle. meaning- If you don't mind seeing all green bush, then the happier they'll be. loving tha slate wall too.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice tank! Love the rock wall too! May I ask how you did it? There are some small gaps...are those openings in which critters can find their way to the back side of the tank (in between the rock wall and back side glass)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James - i honestly dont know all the plants as i have been adding them over the past year for sure there is anubis, star grass, 2 types of widelov fern, java fern, camobia ?, chinese lily, and of course algae.. I really need to post a pic of my other FW setup a 2g hex aquarium for my betta it has all my excess plant growth in it poor dude can barely get to the top

Dufus - puffers are cool i wanted a fish that didnt look like a fish

Blue - Sandstone found when i went hiking and silicone, the holes were for the fish to go back there and they do at night i think unfortunately if one goes back there and dies i am screwed

Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
845 Posts
Kronk: I hear ya. I built a rock wall on plastic mesh (small black lava rock w/silicone) and it's suctioned cuped to the back of my tank. But my shrimp make it thru the side openings, however small. So if it were to die, then I'm screwed too. I could undo the suction cup/s, but I have alot of plants/driftwood in the back that it would all get messed up. Ah well, what can ya do. Next time I have a better plan to eliminate that problem.

Once again, it's a very nice rock wall. :) It makes this tank look like a piece of underwater territory next to a mountain. A nice slice of nature. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow mouse thats an imagination i just dont see it... but thats cool an angry fish are way more interesting than docile ones ;) I

I just got a small pleco to replace a couple dead otos but i am a little concerned the LFS guy said it would stay small but it really looks like a Spotted Hypostomus which get BIG, time will tell i guess...

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Damm.. that is a 10 gallon?!!? That is just awesome, man---

Can you post pics of your palundarium????

And your betta tank????

I love it, really refreshing............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2g Hex

Here are some crappy pics of my 2g Betta tank, i dont like a ton of little tanks scattered around but i had betta fish with flowers as centerpieces at my wedding last year so i figured i should keep one. This is the first tank i have ever owned as well i set it up again for him. I chuck the overgrowth of plants from my 10g in here and they are GROWING, he can barely get to the surface now.

Cheers,
Ken

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.