The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's important that we take a moment to recognize the little guys that have made this forum really possible. I would like to salute the dirt eating fishies that do all the hard work for us in making our tanks look clean and pristine.

I hereby announce that we should begin the annual Planted Poo nominations.

Nominate your fish by posting a picture of its longest plant eating poo. The longer and greener the better!

I nominate my little 1.5" otto. He's representing my nano tank by producing a golden vermicelli-like algae noodle of a poo. It's approximately 2" long. Which puts this sucker at 150% of his body length. Not bad little otto.

Start the nominations! No need to vote here... the longest poo wins!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
hahahahahah! I think the first pic instantly wins. That thing is huuuuge!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
That's an impressive one! I once upon a time had a regular old 12" long pleco, and he had some massive poop. I also had an oscar that had poop about as big as my Pomeranian's poop.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
LOL this thread reminds me of a friend of mine's tank one time... it was completely overgrown by every kind of green algae known to man... so I convinced him to put a pleco in his tank to take care of it... long story short, the very next day, after a whole dark period, the lights came on, and the algae was completely gone! The glass was crystal clear!

...the only problem was with the 4-foot string of pleco poop that was streamed around the tank like tinsel on a xmas tree! That was when I realized that, yes, pleco's do eat algae, but I wouldn't say they "clean" the tank!

This thread is silly, lol. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts