The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been running my 24/7 on the 24/7 cycle and I'm not entirely happy with the plant growth. It's my 125 gallon, 24" tall.

I have 2 30" lights, not enough I don't think. So, with the 4 memory settings, there's no way to set 4 different color schemes to change throughout the day with a timer is there? Almost like a 24/7 cycle on a timer? Probably not I'm sure, but yeah. I'm assuming you have to manually change them when you want that way?

Otherwise I'm looking to trade these for 36 or 48" 24/7s. Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or would it be better to keep the 2 30" 24/7s, and add 1 48" regular planted plus with a timer? Or would that be too much light? I can only afford to trade or buy 1 single light. Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Have you tried running one 24/7 on 24/7 mode and using the other on a timer, set to max during the the one running on 24/7 modes' max time? 11-3, I think. A mouthful, I know. In other words, use one in the mode setting, and set the other on a timer set at max brightness to come on 11-3.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if it's on a timer you'd have one light off because you can only use the 24/7 mode, not use the max on a timer and after the max setting, have another mode come on that light, right? Making this complicated I know lol .

I think I'll probably get a planted plus 48 to be on a timer for 7 or 8 hours per day along with the 24/7 mode in the 30's.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wanting to avoid c02, will the 2 30" 24/7s, and one 48" Planted+ be too much light, or just enough to avoid having to do c02?

I'll have the 24/7 cycle and the Planted+ on a timer for 6 to 7 hours.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the same light. What I would do first before adding another fixture is set your 24/7 on MAX. You will need to set it first on MAX and then use a timer. I think you will be much more happy with the difference in growth. This is what I have done and let me tell you, MUCH better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.