The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Low tech, no c02, 24" depth on my 125. Paired with 2 30" Finnex 24/7s, which 48" light would you go with?

I'm mostly worried about not adding enough light to help my stem plants with just a Planted+. Wisteria, s repens, and ludwigia.

A P+ looks like I'll still be in low light? I'd like to get more towards medium with no c02. Thanks!

Anyone?

I'm leaning toward the Planted plus unless someone thinks a ray 2 without c02 won't cause an algae factory?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So i got the 48" Planted plus to add to my 2 30" 24/7s.

How would you guys set the lights up once it comes in? 2 planted pluses in the back on each end and the 48" Planted+ in the middle in front of them?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Your tank is, I think, 72 inches long. To light it reasonably uniformly with a LED light sitting right on top of the tank, you should have either 2 - 36inch lights in one row across the top, or one 72 inch long light. Two rows of 36 inch lights or two 72 inch long lights would give you double the light intensity if the rows are close together, or a bit less if they are separated by 6 inches or so. With a row of 30 inch long lights, you get significantly lower PAR than with 36 inch lights. And, adding a 48 inch long light only helps in the middle of the tank.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well I couldn't afford to get all of those so I thought id try seeing what a 48" would do added to what I have. I have some growth, just not like I want.

And yes the tank is 72" long

1 - 4 of 4 Posts