The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seems like this tank bothers you. Calling someone's tank a urinal isn't something an enthusiast would do. If you can't see the value in a project like this, that's fine, but you don't have to be threatened by it. All joking aside, is a pond or a lake a urinal? Do you think your urinal is any cleaner just because you change 25% of the water every week? Are you confusing clean with clarity? Unicellular algae is a CLEANER. Believe me, this water is as clean as it gets.

Also, the reason it looks yellow is only because of the camera. The water is green, as you can see from the picture of the corner i just took showing copedpods and daphnia. It isn't hard to see what's in there at all. As for what's in the middle, I stopped being afraid of monsters long ago.
I'm pretty sure he (or she) was just messing with you. Anyways, if you took the second picture from atop the tank, those bubbles almost look like they're stuck in some kind of biofilm on the surface of the water. Just make sure you are getting good gas exchange and the water doesn't spoil because that is a really green/yellow tank.

Bump:
Seems like this tank bothers you. Calling someone's tank a urinal isn't something an enthusiast would do. If you can't see the value in a project like this, that's fine, but you don't have to be threatened by it. All joking aside, is a pond or a lake a urinal? Do you think your urinal is any cleaner just because you change 25% of the water every week? Are you confusing clean with clarity? Unicellular algae is a CLEANER. Believe me, this water is as clean as it gets.

Also, the reason it looks yellow is only because of the camera. The water is green, as you can see from the picture of the corner i just took showing copedpods and daphnia. It isn't hard to see what's in there at all. As for what's in the middle, I stopped being afraid of monsters long ago.
I'm pretty sure he (or she) was just messing with you. Anyways, if you took the second picture from atop the tank, those bubbles almost look like they're stuck in some kind of biofilm on the surface of the water. Just make sure you are getting good gas exchange and the water doesn't spoil because that is a really green/yellow tank.

·
Registered
102 Posts
On the contrary, those bubbles are the cleanest and clearest bubbles possible. May not look it in the picutre. Its really hard to have biofilm when you have infusoria all over the place and unicellular algae without having a concurrence of bad water parameters.

Bump: And those bubbles are not stuck or lingering. They move quickly and freely on the top of the water and then pop almost immediately. Not a single bubble lasts more than a second.
Yeah. Liek I said I was just saying if those were stale bubbles stuck or not moving on the surface of the water, then there might have been a problem with the tank or some kind of balance. It's good to know that there is a a good balanace between the little critters and your fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts