The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share my attempt at this hobby and hopefully get some pointers on the way. This is a 26 gallon bowfront with an eheim 2213 filtering w/ a 28W Coralife PC and a 15W T8. Eco-complete + sand substrate. The plant list is as follows
Wisteria
crypt wendtii red
java fern
grandifloius sword
dwarf sag
anubias congensis
sag? taller plants in back right
crypts - not sure what kind(in the lower right hand corner)

Im not thrilled with how it looks right now, but not sure where to move stuff, and looking for a few ideas. Shrimp and MTS are the only inhabitants, but am looking toward some small fish in the near future.

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Good start. I am not the greatest at aqua-scaping so others will have some suggestions.

I have found the 2213 to be barely adequate for my 20gallon long so I'll be interested to see if you find it adequate for your tank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know either, I do have a PH I could use if it seemed necessary, but doing without for now.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
What aren't you happy about? Are there any parts that you are happy with? Look up other tanks you like and copy the layout to get a feel for it. Don't be afraid to get up to your elbows and experiment.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
What aren't you happy about? Are there any parts that you are happy with? Look up other tanks you like and copy the layout to get a feel for it. Don't be afraid to get up to your elbows and experiment.

Agreed.

Look around the forum a bit, find what you like and what you don't like. Take notes, save the pictures, etc. Don't be afraid to "copy" someone's layout - it's not seen as a bad thing here. Plus, you will always add your own twist on the scape, so you're not completely copying them. :icon_mrgr

Great start though. Aquascaping is all about trial and error. If you don't like it, move it. You just have to find the right balance. Make sure you only change things when you're having a good day though - i once tried modifying an aquascape after i got home from a really bad day at school, and trust me. It just created frustration, lol.

You may want to try sloping the substrate too. You'd probably need a bit more substrate if you wanted to try that though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get around to painting that intake one of these days...that should help. I was thinking of splitting the wisteria into the corners to start with and adjust some of the taller plants in the middle and see where that gets me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts