The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting this together over the last few weeks.

Evolve 8, plastic tree stump from petsmart, a few swords, some neon's and otos. So far things seem to be working well, the white sand is going to be a huge pain to clean, but I love the look. So far it seems like the stock lighting is doing the plants well, the tank is in the kitchen so the background lighting may be pitching in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. I bet the white sand is hard to keep clean.
so far it hasnt been too bad, I keep rearranging everything so some of the gunk has been getting buried, I try to vacuum the sand with a siphon made from 1/4" airline tubing and a wooden chopstick. Seems to be working well, I also picked up a few ghost shrimp that have spent the last few days working over the areas around the plant roots.

One species of plant just took a pretty drastic dive the other night, I dont know the name off hand (the one directly underneath the fake mushroom on the tree stump) if someone could help to ID it that'd be a great place to start. It looked to be doing great for about two weeks, then started turning a darker bluish green, then the other day it pretty much turned to a brown mush. I checked the water chemistry, things are in line pH is a bit high but it comes out of the tap at 7.8. Currently sitting between 7.4 & 7.6. Ammonia is approx. 0.10ppm (I'm doing water changes twice a week at this point) nitrates and nitrites are fine. Any ideas?

I'm beginning to wonder if I need to get working on c02 injection?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts