The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a recent video of the tank, more focused on the GBR eggs hatching...

GBR eggs...

GBRs the night before the laid eggs...

Inhabitants:

- 5 adult "Tiger" Endler-guppies + uncountable fry
- 9 neon tetras
- 2 German blue rams (breeding pair from Petsmart that spawned within 12 hours)
- 2 Dwarf puffers (pair, not breeding, very friendly to other fish)

I'll update with pictures as the tank progresses. Hopefully I'll see GBR fry swimming around some time this year, maybe a few can survive!

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Hope your fry survival rate is high ^^ I saw a nice group of blue and some stunning gold rams at my lfs recently.. but they had ich so no-buy-ie :/
What are your tank params that they got so damn comfortable for breeding so fast??

917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope your fry survival rate is high ^^ I saw a nice group of blue and some stunning gold rams at my lfs recently.. but they had ich so no-buy-ie :/
What are your tank params that they got so damn comfortable for breeding so fast??
I think they were pre-paired and the female was already pregnant. Her breeding tube was down the night I got them, just had no idea they were gonna lay eggs. I'm glad I didn't split up a pair with noobish fish selection!

I just kinda let my tank grow, nothing special. Sometimes I fertilize it. I hadn't done a water change in almost a month because I'm trying to save water, but the tank doesn't really get that dirty since there are so many plants.

I don't really test the water, so I can't tell you the exact params. I do know that the tank is about 77-78F though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts