The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about rescaping my very first planted tank, which I had created a while ago.
currenty it’s really low maintenance: no co2, no ferts and Im changing water maybe one per mont.

Any idea? What would you add, change or totally rearange?

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I like a lot of hardscape personally, so when I make a tank I try to create as much terrain change throughout the tank as possible. I don't always succeed, but that's the goal. So if I were redoing this tank I would probably rely on rocks grouped together and a piece of wood that would be branching but a little thicker then normal for this size scape. Then I would get rid of most of the stems since they are taking up a lot of swim space (maybe just keep a few stems of ludwigia?) and just use anubias and or buce on the wood for plants up high. I like the dwarf hair grass carpet and would try to reuse that. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
641 Posts
I think that tank is awesome for showing off the betta. Is there a background or is that all plant cover? looks like all plants.

If you're going to rescape with what you have there, I was thinking move all the rocks to one side have a sloped scape with larger plants mostly towards one of the back corners. Much like what Minorhero said but I am thinking of basically just a rearrangement of what you currently have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.