The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I started my first planted aquarium 10 days ago. I am using ADA substrate, additives and fertilizers. And I am happy to see new growth of the plants. Now I want to add some shrimps and oto catfish for algae control and cleaning purposes. I am not going for any other fishes now. Later I will add a group of tetras.

But I have a doubt, regarding the shrimps. I am confused between Amano and Red Cherry shrimps. As I am from India, and I do not have much suppliers here. And the few, who are selling Amano, selling it at a very high price. So, I decided to go for Red Cherry, though they are not cheap as well, but they are as compared to Amanos. But I want to know, how effective they are? Will the Cherries serve my purpose?

Please give me advice, regarding these issues, and also for any other good compatible fishes. I will highly obliged all your advises, please help me out with my First planted attempt. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

Regards,
Joy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CookieM, that's really great info. But I doubt I will find Nerite snail here. But I will definitely try. So, you say I should go for Cherry, I was also thinking so, but stores here are saying that Amano is best for algaeS. Can you please give me info about that as well. And effective are Cherry shrimps against diff kinds of algaes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice...

I also heard that, Amano has a tendency to come out of the tank, if the tank is not covered. Is it the case? because I do not have a top cover. And I am thinking to go for Cherry and Amano both along with few oto catfishes. What do you say about this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts