So, I've never created a nano tank before, but my wife wanted me to set one up for her mother for Christmas. So, this will be a low-tech planted tank w/ internal sump. I'm almost finished building the tank itself and will be dirting and cycling this weekend.
The overall tank itself is 14"W x 14"D x 12"H w/ the internal sump taking up 3" off the back. So, the actual habitable tank area (with water line 1" below top and 2.5" of substrate) is 14"W x 11"D x 8.5"H or roughly between 5.5-6 gallons. She'll be doing bi-weekly 50% water changes.
I'm hoping to get some opinions on my planting and stocking choices to ensure Ive chosen species that will do well in this size.
- (1-2) Feature Fish (Suggestions would be most appreciated)
- (6) Celestial Pearl Danio
- (6) Chili Rasbora
- (6) Red Cherry Shrimp
- (1) Nerite Snail
Note: I'm considering these feature fish, but am open to suggestion: Clown/Gardneri Killifish, Endlers (Poecilia wingei), Scarlet Badis, Spotted Blue-Eye Rainbow (pseudomugil gertrudae).
- Front - Lilaeopsis mauritiana (micro sword) -or- Pygmy Chain Sword
- Mid - Marsilea minuta
- Mid - Suggestions welcome
- Back - Rotala Rotundifolia
- Back - Suggestions welcome
- Moss - Flame Moss (tied to the piece of driftwood)
Thanks in advance, everyone.