The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently thinking about upgrading to a 20g long and currently have an 18" planted+ 24/7 fixture for my 10g.

I know it wont fit on the rim of the tank but I was going to suspend it like 3-4 inches above the rim of the tank.

Since it's only 20 inches and the 20g long is 30 inches long, do you think this will still be enough lighting?

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I did the same thing with mine but instead of suspending the 18" above my 20 long I replaced the florescent that was in my plastic hood. Enough for medium light needs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the same thing with mine but instead of suspending the 18" above my 20 long I replaced the florescent that was in my plastic hood. Enough for medium light needs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Hmm, so you think the planted+ 24/7 is enough light for glosso carpet suspended about 3-4 inches above the rim?

·
Registered
112 Posts
the 20" fixture or did you have a bigger one?
I had the 30". You could still carpet, but it might not make it all the way to the outer edges, which I could understand being a problem. But you could try and make a scape around that fact. Do a long center island (probably the length of the light) with a glosso carpet around it. Or two hills on each end with a carpet in the middle.

I'm not the best with scapes. I really need to get better. haha Mine are always a jungle mess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.