The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 10 gallon tank, currently houses 2 DPs and I was going to make it heavily planted becaus I like the look of it. So far I have some wisteria, anacharis, red myrio, an anubias, and an amazon sword. pretty much I was wanting to know if this will work well in a 10 gallon freshwater tank, also I was wondering if I should change my lighting, I'm currently using 2 compact flouresent 10 watt bulbs that I beleive are 6500K. also I've got some laterite on the way to add to my sand substrate. Any suggestions would be awesome, I'm open to all.

And as you can see I'm new to the forum. I've read it quite often so I thought I may as well become a member.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Your lights should work with all the plants you have chosen just nicely. The red myrio may be a lighter shade than bright red but it will grow well. The only thing I think will be an issue will be the amazon, it will even under low tech situations, out grow your tank. Really bad picture, but here was my amazon sword in a 55 gallon:

I had to part ways as it was reaching out of the water and taking over the tank.

Welcome to the forum! My biggest suggestion is to look at journals you like and then ask that person a ton of questions. If they are still on here, I'm sure they'll be glad to help out. That's how I got started.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My 10 gallon betta tank has the 2 compact fluorescent 6500K bulbs, and it does really well. Do you have any pictures so far? I'll see if I can find some of mine and post. It's kind of a mess of left over plants, so it's nothing awesome to look at, but Goliath likes it. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts