The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post but been reading threads here for about 5 months and finally have found a great lfs. I cannot grow any plants. I mainly have gals that have been reduced to nothing. I have no ammonia no nitrites. My nitrates don't ever get to over 40 ppm in a weeks time(with weekly 40% water change). Ph is 7. I have a 55 gallon with 2 54 watt HO T5's. Been dosing flourish and excel for 2 weeks. I don't know what else to do. Wasn't planning on co2 until I got some plants started. Please help and thank u in advance for any advice

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bald actually were reduced to nothing before the excel. Its hard to give a full background but I got the bald a couple months ago after getting the lights. I guess im just gonna have to buy the tests.for all the micros and digits out what is missing. I have flourite as a substrate and started also dosing potassium three days ago but haven't noticed any difference yet. The leaves seem to get holes inthem and certain leaves just turn brownish and if I don't tend them they just kinda wear away. Will add photos if anyone is interested.

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have four corkscrew vals in a 55 gallon. Ammonia nitrites nitrates and ph r great. I have those tests. Emperor 400 filter with bio wheels and no carbon. Been dosing flourish and excel with no difference from when I wasn't. The plants just seem to eventually just melt away. Hard to describe. They just wear away. For lighting im using 2 54 watt HO T5s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.