The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, what plant tool cant you live without? By tool I mean the trimming/ planting tools? I have quite a few things on my list of save to buy but i think trimming tools are at the top of my list (next to a python). I might have to buy one at a time however so id like to see which ones you find the most useful?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The only tool I use currently is a pair of 12 inch stainless steel tweezers, it took me a while to figure out how to use them well but now I wouldn't plant a plant with out them!

Stainless steel scissors are nice, but the pair I bought a few years back dulled really quickly so I get my scissors from the dollar store and toss them out when they rust or become dull.

A water changer is a really good thing to save up for, as well as a pump. Currently I have my RO/DI system set up in the spare bathroom in the tub, it saves me a lot of time because I can drain my tank with the water changer and then just pump water into the tank. There no more lifting buckets of water or any of that nonsense.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I use my planting tongs almost everyday. I couldn't imagine planted tank life without a pair of those. I tried a few different brands and ultimately favored my generic Ebay 10" tweezers. I reluctantly use the curved Fluval for corner planting.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I still plant via hand which after reading this thread I'm definitely going to invest in some tweezers/tongs but as for the python (I have the aqueon version), it is amazing. It cuts water change times in half! No more buckets or wasted water. I highly recommend one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome :) i didnt have many plants until recently so as they come in i find i wish i had something to make life easier. That and the corys see moms hand and immediately feel te need to give "kisses". Granted anything that goes into the tank gets investigated, but tools may make it easier to do things lol. And maybe not scare the tetras as much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.