The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a high-tech 20 gallon long, moderately to heavily planted, but I need to make some changes (and add a few more plants).

I'm dosing ferts daily using the EI Dosing method. I was also dosing Excel but it's heavily damaged my corkscrew val--the time it will take to recuuperate will be long and tedious so I'd rather pull it out and replace it for a plant that can reach the surface (my val is stunted). There's also a few spots I can squeeze in a few more plants.

I don't plan on dosing Excel anymore (or if I do, very little). I do water changes weekly but I don't know if there's now a lasting effect in my tank.)

I wanted to get some plant suggestions:
  • Tall (preferably stem) plants for the back
  • Not easily affected by Excel (ex. vallisneria, synoganthus, tonina, ludwigia senegalensis, anacharis)
  • At least one colorful plant is a plus
  • Preferably stem plants, not runners
  • No cryptocorynes (for some reason these suffer, despite my ferts and root tabs)
  • I am okay replacing the alternanthera reineckii 'mini' because the leaves have been turning a bit dull green instead of red

I'm dealing with a lot of green spot algae right now so I don't have a clear picture of my tank available yet.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Spiralis red crypt is a nice plant. The h'ra is a bit of a pia - here is mine; i had it planted but it really likes floating - bits would break off and then attach itself to the surface; now it is just mostly a weed but the frys love it.

Plant Green Grass Vegetation Rectangle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts