·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some plant suggestions that fit the following;

- slow growing
- do not require frequent trimming
- do not require to be trimmed and replanted

Will be re-scraping soon a tank which I won’t have as much time as I do currently unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’ve never kept Anubias but I have been looking, any suggestions of particular Anubias?

Truthfully that depends a lot on what your final setup is going to be. Also it depends on what size of tank you have. And it will depend on are you planning on using stones or wood in your scaping at all

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truthfully that depends a lot on what your final setup is going to be. Also it depends on what size of tank you have. And it will depend on are you planning on using stones or wood in your scaping at all

I should’ve included that, it’s only for my 30L nano cube, 8-9 gallons if US. Currently have it as a “jungle” look tank with DHG as a carpet.

I’ve lost interest in the carpet look now, it’s not 100% perfect so I’ve become dissatisfied in it.

Will be going down the route of a sand bed at the front, separated with stone and a soil substrate behind, I do have some really nice wood that is on its way to being 100% covered in moss which I really like but I’m not sure whether it’ll be used again or not.

I inject co2, have the fluval nano plant light which has been really good so far & I dose ferts once a week with an “all in one” fert. Water I use is RO and then remineralised before use

·
Registered
174 Posts
Since the tank itself is not huge it might make sense to just stick with some larger species of anubias or java fern - maybe you can find some full grown plants - and just hold them down on top of the soil using some small rocks that can hide behind your larger Stones so they don't show. Overtime The Roots will grow and anchor the plant into the soil. not sure if you have any experience with epiphytes but don't plant the rhizome into the soil

That's all I can suggest for the time being you can always post a blog of your setup once you're ready to go and more people can chime in

·
Registered
174 Posts
I should have also added that with anubias and java fern although they enjoy CO2 you can probably get rid of the CO2. That would also make it easier for you to maintain the tank because that's one less factor you have to think about constantly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.