The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm getting back into the hobby with a 10 gallon paludarium. I have attached some pictures of the current set up. I have the terrestrial plants and scape all set outside of a small log I ordered and will place on the center ledge. (I'd like to cover it with a moss if anyone has any suggestions). For the aquatic side I have a fluval U1 filter that waterfalls back in on the rock. I don't plan to inject co2 but will add excel. Substrate will be ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Ver.2 when it gets here Monday. (current have Flourite black sand that I rinsed and still has so much silt so I'm just getting rid of it). Water will be around 5 gallons and not sure on what we want to stock yet. Any tips or plant suggestions or any advise at all is more then welcome.
Thanks,
MJ

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good.
Are there any plants that can be planted directly into a tank say in rock and substrate rubble above the waterline? Maybe pothos could add some dimension for you?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since your tank will be half full with water I’m wondering how humid it will be. Succulents like the ones you have don’t typically do well if the soil they are in is always damp or wet. Maybe you could replace them with some mini orchids.

Will the waterfall come down that bottom shelf with the air plants? If so your air plants will likely die as well. Anubias or buce might do ok there if they are partly in the running water. You would also have the option to use any aquatic moss there.

Unless you are misting or watering that top shelf I don’t know what kind of live moss could survive there.

For more ideas you could check out Glass Box Tropicals for orchids or Buceplant for bucephalandra. Both have a good selection of other plants as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts