The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a pile of S. repens from Tom in the mail. I don;t have time to plant it this evening as I have to leave the house pretty soon and not be back until late. How can I store this until tomorrow morning?

Float it in a baggie or something? rewet it and leave it in the packing material?

Any ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought of that, but I am afraid the fish will eat what roots there are on these things. Though there are enough of them that they might finally get full and stop picking at plants. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wild mollies and Flagfish. They eat everything, but BBA.

I ended up floating them. I had to leave the house. Luckily the night lights were about to go off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just leave em in the bag they came in if you must. They survived transit in the mail, they'll survive one more day. The best thing to do is just dump em in a bucket of water strait out the tap. I often do this when trimming plants. I cut out a bunch, put it in a bucket of water with no light, declorinator or anything else. Sometimes I wait and see if anybody wants any. Usually i bag them up and throw them away after a week. It still good after a week just sitting in a bucket like that.

Ok I see you're already back. In the furture I would put em in a bucket of water. It'll be good for over a week.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, I'm not back. But I like the bucket idea. I guess over night wouldn't hurt regardless of light or other conditions.

Thanks for the replies. Ill see what the fish decided to do in about an hour and a half.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.