The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I need some 'wanna be guru' and 'guru' advice. I am rocking a 125 that has beautiful growth in it accept for one small aspect... The back corners, they are bare as the picture shows:

See I got great giant val growth in the middle of the tank and the rotala rotundifolia is filling in the gaps up top for some nice color change but my corners are weak and I don't want to transplant the giant vals over there. I want some diversification. I am looking for a plant that grows tall very quickly and depending on pruning could get bushy. I have tried two different types of hygro and I can't get the stuff to grow after MONTHS of waiting. It just sits there roots in real well and stays the same size forever! I have a high-light, EI dosed, 2 x 10lb co2 system so I can pretty much grow anything. I really need some help in this situation.

Any suggestions for a giant, fast growing background weed? And enjoy a few other pics I have taken.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Red colored plants always look great in the corners. Any of the variants of Alternathera Reineckii would look great. They grow as fast as any other stem plant and aren't very demanding. Look pretty good in big bunches too.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yes that is beautiful, but before I order them I got a question since this plant is a sword... All of my swords seem to 'lay out' on the substrate because of the light level in my aquarium. Will this plant do the same? Do I need to shade it to entice it to grow tall? I mean I can 'grows me sum plants' but... I seem to stumble with swords and I don't understand why. All of my stem, crawling, rhizome, apons, crypts, and mosses grow... However, swords not so much. I even have a 12" tall banana plant with leaves the size of saucers.

All in all I just want to make sure that this plant will sprout up instead of laying out.

Thoughts...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.