The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rocks are only there to hold the driftwood down for now.
Only plants I’ve decided on are Dwarf Baby Tears and Staurogyne Repens.

FTS

Left

Right

I'm thinking of attaching Anubias nana petite to the branches. Maybe some stem plants to attempt to hide my HOB coast to coast overflow thing

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I really like the driftwood piece
Sorry I am not of much help for plant recommendations, but personally I visualize the tank as having miniature/dwarf plant species as well as mini fish (1" and under) to make the tank appear even larger.

What size tank is that?
What's the lighting? Does it always looks so pink?
Just curious why there is two drop checkers being different colors?

Looks like you got them DIY polycarbonate lids :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the driftwood piece
Sorry I am not of much help for plant recommendations, but personally I visualize the tank as having miniature/dwarf plant species as well as mini fish (1" and under) to make the tank appear even larger.

What size tank is that?
What's the lighting? Does it always looks so pink?
Just curious why there is two drop checkers being different colors?

Looks like you got them DIY polycarbonate lids :)
Thanks

Tank size: 55 gallon, 48 x 15 x 17.5
Lighting: Finnex Planted+ 24/7, in 24/7 mode

I think one of my drop checkers might be screwy (the one that's not yellow). Dunno if i screwed one of em up by moving them around too much. I think i might end up ditching them and just grab a kH kit and use the pH/kH chart to measure co2.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Use a PH pen or meter for the KH/PH/CO2 chart.

You can plant different Buces on that driftwood. Takes a while to grow but should be rewarding once you get them growing.
yeah i was considering the brownie series for the buces. Blue on the upper branches, purple on the "2nd" row, and red (if there is a red one?) on the "3rd" row.

do you have any recommendations as for which series of buces to go with?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I was going to suggest Buces as well on the driftwood.

There are all red Buceph, though I never typically see them available, so I doubt you would come across those. Many Bucephalandra do shoot up new leaves that start off red, but as it grows out/older, it changes color. There aroids that have red underleafs/stems that stay red that you could use, but being the lower portion that is red (not leaf tops), it would probably look most effective being at the top/upper branches/row. Just look around what's available to see if that is an option.

Be sure to look at various pictures of the ones you do consider, as even the blues and purples, not all varieties have all their leaves that color and some don't even truly look purple/blue despite their names. Some do have a definite color shine of the particular colors though. But that pinkish (or red and blue LEDs) lighting you have can make all the Buce look purplish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.