The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached is a pic of my tank. Since that picture was taken, I've buried the stone that the driftwood is attached to so that the wood rises out of the gravel.

I've got T-5HO lights, but no CO2 (yet). I'm thinking of moving the dwarf sag. to the middle of the tank, right of the sword. Left side I'm not sure what to do with (once the CO2 is added I'll probably remove the crypt and java fern).

I'd like to add a carpeting plant, starting middle or on the right side where the dwarf sag is, and I'm debating between baby dwarf tears & glossostigma.

Should I wait until CO2 is working before adding one of those plants?
Would one be better than the other, or is baby tears -vs- glosso just personal preference?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
HC seems like a really obnoxious plant, just from everything I've heard/seen on here. I think glosso or Monte Carlo would be an easier plant to work with.

Btw, trim those algae covered leafs, and maybe nab a few stem plants that will be fast growers.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Rotala(most) seem to do well either way. What ferts do you intend to use ?
I also heard people going through a lot to get their DHG to grow like they wanted.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ferts are always a mystery to me: currently I add a mineralize once a week, and a product called "envy" throughout the week.

Envy is a comprehensive carbohydrate, vitamin, amino acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid supplement that addresses the micro and trace nutritional
requirements of plants.
I've experimented with Excel but have quit using it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.