The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 60 gallon freshwarer aquarium 48*25*13", runnig a fluval c4 with purigenin instesd because I only use carbon to remove medications. Have an red rubin rsword. All the leaves it came with died but it is regrowing at a marvelous rate. I have again two amazon swords that aren't doing so " hot" still have new growth and one produced a runner which I planted. Browning edges of the leaves, crinkled leaves, long hook like leaves as new growth, must be a deficiency and try to give them. I've had these plants since I cycled my tank since February. The java ferns are doing within of course as well as my expectations, well. My cryptocorn Spiralis had been massacred by my EB Acara. I used eco-complete substrate at about 3-4" plus I add Seachem Flourish tabs around my tank under the substrate . Water parameters are pH 7.2 Ammonia 0 nitrie 0 and nitrate about 10-15 ppm Am I not providing a long enough photo period? I have a quad T5HO display but only runs 2 bulbs at 54 watts each so 108watts T5HO from 4:30-11:00 (my unit uses the full 216 Watts from 6:30-7:30) I'm developing algae weekly( just on the glass)but may need more chichlid friendly plants that are tough and will survive. Please someone give me an answer, I'm very protective of my Cichlids and LOVE THE natural look of my aquarium. I have some exciting I have the pant friendly lights that are in there natural light range of 6500k-72-7500k

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
You have plenty of light, especially if your fixture is relatively close to the surface. What you do not have is the correct fertilization for your plants. Do read stickies in the Fertilization section of this forum.

And, you can have a lush tank with just Java Fern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.