The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to see what ideas I can get or come up with for my tank.

Right now this is my tank. I just bought Anubias petites,crypt wendtii brown, cryptii parva and Staurogyne Repens... I am not sure if that was a bad idea but I got them to have a difference in plants in my layout. I have kleiner bar sword on the left back, saggi along the back along with corkscrew Val, some java in front of some saggi on a rock, tiger lotus in the middle and some water sprite that I'm gonna get rid off.
A picture of the entire tank.

Picture of the left side

Picture of right side

Thank you for any landscaping ideas

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was also wondering if I had enough substrate? I have about a 1" layer of Eco complete and another inch of inert gravel. Is that enough to use Osmocote in a safe manner also.

I'm sorry I just noticed that there is a aquascaping section, if a mod sees this I'm sorry and if you can change it to that section I would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
1: Go to Walmart and get some black poster board and cover the back (brackground)
2: I would leave the Water_sprite in, they are so awesome and eat up excess nutrients.
3: I have never planted in gravel, so someone else will have to advise on that.
4: I would stack all the wood together (instead of spreadout) Start where the big piece is and stack around it.
5: I would take the 3 small stones out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1: Go to Walmart and get some black poster board and cover the back (brackground)
2: I would leave the Water_sprite in, they are so awesome and eat up excess nutrients.
3: I have never planted in gravel, so someone else will have to advise on that.
4: I would stack all the wood together (instead of spreadout) Start where the big piece is and stack around it.
5: I would take the 3 small stones out.
Thanks for the poster board idea as soon as I get out of class I will go to walmart and buy it. I will try putting the dw all together in the middle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.