The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10gallon aquarium with ADA AS. I was wondering if there is any good plant packages that people would recommend for me to get started. I have never done a planted aquarium so I am not totally sure on what plants I should be getting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the tank is just being setup. The light is 50watts. It also has a reflector on it. Not sure if that makes a difference. I do not plan on using Co2 right away. Im not sure about fertilizers but I can always add them, not sure which ones though

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Well the tank is just being setup. The light is 50watts. It also has a reflector on it. Not sure if that makes a difference. I do not plan on using Co2 right away. Im not sure about fertilizers but I can always add them, not sure which ones though
No CO2 with 5wpg...you are headed for an algae farm IMO.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The concern for the lighting is not so much watts, but the type of bulb: What is the color temperature of the bulb?

But all that aside, you need to decide what kind of tank you want this to be. If you don't want to do CO2, you are looking to have a low-tech setup. Read up on this over in the Low Tech area; http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/low-tech-forum/

I think it would be a waste not to go with CO2, ferts, etc. since you are using a very nice substrate for growing plants (the ADA AS). Now that being said, you need to do some research. Great place to start is here on TPT and Rex's gives a good rundown on what you will need to get started. See this link: Rex's Guide to Planted Tanks

I know it may seem a little overwhelming at first, but with the help from those areas and of course the members here, you'll be planting in no time! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I will be getting a co2 diffuser and some ferts once I get everything setup. Thanks for the links. Reading rex's guide now.

Probably will be getting some new lights too. 5wpg is too high and I dont want an algae farm lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts