The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for a plant package for my 29. Was trying to aquascape by growing a moss tree and moss floor, but as i got the fish i'm more worried about the fish as of now. I have 18 galaxy rasboras and i need to get some more plants for cover.

I do not mind moving plants around.

Looking for some type of Low/Med Light

Perf. a background plant along with mid/foreground plants.

I'm new to the planted scene so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Currently just swapped from a 18 inch LED marineland light to a 24/7 Finnex. Def loving the new light. So i should be around the Low/Med light. Don't mind the lighting in picture below, its already in its cycle where the lights are dimming down, and is really only lit with the marineland light right now. Based on the Finnex review i'm assuming i am sitting at about 50ish par at 16/18 inches deep.

Tank Info

Co2 Injected w/ atomizer
Lights: Marineland 18 inch LED and a 24/7 Finnex LED.
PH. 7.5
Tank Temp- 70/71 F
GH/KH-180 about a 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
With both of those lights your more on to the med/high side for lighting...I would suggest getting some fast growers but with every thing you mentioned I believe you can really put what ever you like in the tank...correct me if I'm wrong any one

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? i'm in high light? o...LOL. can anyone confirm this?

and if this is true...then yes...i am gonna need way more plants. thought i was in low/med light at 50ish par.

I have dry ferts on the way too. bought from aquariumfertizlier.com

should be here in like 2 days.

·
Registered
618 Posts
really? i'm in high light? o...LOL. can anyone confirm this?

and if this is true...then yes...i am gonna need way more plants. thought i was in low/med light at 50ish par.

I have dry ferts on the way too. bought from aquariumfertizlier.com

should be here in like 2 days.
Well if your using both your old lights and the 24/7 then ya..how long are the on for for the day? I remember way back when I was talking to other about getting a 24/7 on my 29g and they say better be ready to be heavily planted co2 amongst other things to be successful..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oooooooo down. LOL i always wanted a high light tank. LOL

well i was looking at the 24/7 full review thread and it really only provides 3/4 hours of max light. then it goes down from there. so i decided to add in the other light too to help compensate for this low amount of max light. So i have the co2/marineland on a 8 hours timer. Then the 24/7 just does its thing.

u got any plants??

I kinda wanna dig up my java moss and make a moss wall in the back with a mesh net

·
Registered
618 Posts
oooooooo down. LOL i always wanted a high light tank. LOL

well i was looking at the 24/7 full review thread and it really only provides 3/4 hours of max light. then it goes down from there. so i decided to add in the other light too to help compensate for this low amount of max light. So i have the co2/marineland on a 8 hours timer. Then the 24/7 just does its thing.

u got any plants??

I kinda wanna dig up my java moss and make a moss wall in the back with a mesh net

ohhh ya well thats different if your using the 24/7 function..I am assuming you havent had the lights on the tank long since no sign of an algae bloom..since so little of plant mass in the tank..I do have plants but the ones i am getting rid of are in a ROAK..sorry..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah..i'm using the 24/7 setting, was reading on the reviews and ppl said it works for them. . i mean i dont' mind running the full max setting if thats what is required. I mean i have the injected co2, and then dry ferts coming in like 2 days.

And i do have some brown algae

i started a thread on it

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/23-algae/1002594-algae.html

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WTB fast growers

for background/mid/ or foreground.

Will be moving the mosses for a moss wall for the back.

May move the moss off the driftwood too depending on plants.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts