The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post. Have a few questions and I figure this is the place for this one. I recently decided to try out live plants for my tank and got a Water Sprite Laceleaf for the back and a Java Fern for the front of my tank. It's 29 gallons with 3 "sharks" and a half dozen barbs. The petco guy (who despite the big chain's rep around places like this was really knowledgeable, and this particular petco has always been fantastic for fish) said he didn't expect the plants to last long with the barbs.

I decided to give it the ol college try anyway. My first question is if there is anything I can do to help the plants succeed in their new home, and if they don't are there any barb friendly plants I should look for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. I've never kept barbs so I'm not sure what will happen but with the plants that you have they are not a demanding plant so they should be happy. Hopeful someone else can answer how they'll do with the barbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.