The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, so i have found a site where i am able to order plants from and am very exited! I have brought my list down to the following:

Cardamine lyrata
Echinodorus tenellus
Sagittaria subulata
Lobelia cardinalis 'Small Form'
Shinnersia rivularis [censored]"Weiss-Grun"
Rotala indica

So a few questions: have you any experience with any of these, are they any good?
How many plants can fit into a 17" x 9.5" x 5" shipping box?

Is Echinodorus Ten. or Sagittaria Sub. better and easier to grow?

My aquarium is a 20 gallon with Aquaticlife T5HO 2x 24 watt bulbs, 2x 2L DIY yeast CO2 with inline canister diffuser, 100% flourite substrate and i dose with the flourish line.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
None of those plants are particularly difficult; they should do fine for you, perhaps with only one of the bulbs.

I have found that S. subulata grows more rapidly for me than than E. tenellus does. But the latter is hardy as well.

Lobelia can be a bit delicate at first if it has been grown emersed.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you two! I have dimmed my lights a few months ago by growing salvinia natans, so it cuts down the light just enough i think!

Hmm, well i think hardier is better than that which grows faster, so maybe i shall go with the E. Tenellus hey?

And ya, i just love the look of Lobelia, but i may pass on it due to my SAE's being quite rough...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that it was one or the other, right now i have a bunch of DHG that has been in there for 6 months now and has only just slowly been dying or something. haha Which is why i am replacing it with this new, hardier stuff!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome so the E. Tenellus is what i will go with then. That brings my plant list down to 4, so that better already.

How many plants do you think will fit in a styrofoam box the size i mentioned above?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
you can get plenty plants in the box so fill it up =p a good idea is to get a little more red in your tank also =p since your lights providing the sized tank are strong enough you can get a nice coloration from ludwigia cuba, keeping them trimmed will keep them low and they look great when they get a small amount of red on them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.