The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 gallon planted tank with 6 different flora species. I have a golden algae eater, 10 wood shrimps and 4 red phantom tetras. Lately I observed that most of the green leaves are looking with black scratches on it. It looks like as if some one had scribled on the leaf with a pencil. Has anyone encountered this. Please tell me what could be the reason for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Could that be black brush algae? Maybe not that specific algae, but some plants get black around the leaves with a form of black algae. High light and low CO2 seem to be what leads to that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have made the tank to cycle for two weeks without animals in it. Last Saturday I introduced the phantoms and the Golden Algae Eater. After 3 days I found that the leaves are with black lines. Especially Hygrophila Difformis look dull and they don't look fresh like it was before. I do not have the recent pics of the plants probably I will host them too, I have hosted this just for you to have some idea of the plants I have in my tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts