The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some IDs on a couple of plants - one is a Crypt but I don’t know what kind. It’s growing really well and looks really nice - it’s at least 3-4x as big as it was when I got it. The other is a medium height grassy plant - perfect background plant for my 10g. It is starting to throw runners out under the substrate but easy enough to remove them. Last is just a pic of the Crypt “Pink Flamingo” that I was super excited to find at my LFS a couple of weeks ago. It melted a few leaves but seems to have stabilized.

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Twig Wood

Plant Green Botany Terrestrial plant Grass

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Adaptation Groundcover

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Hi @Starry Night

The top one appears to be a Vallisneria, possibly Vallisneria americana. The second picture looks to be Cryptocoryne wendii. The last one also appears to by a Cryptocoryne but I do not know which species. -Roy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is jungle val that small? This is a 10 galon tank and those leaves are less than 1/4" wide and no more than 10" tall. That's why I wasn't sure what it was. Seems awful small for a val.

I thought C wendtii had larger, broader leaves? I have a wendtii bronze in the tank as well and the leaf shape is totally different.

The last one is a Pink Flamingo, I know what that one is, if you read my original message I was just showing it off. :D It's doing quite well!

·
Registered
852 Posts
The first one could be dwarf sag; it doens't look like a val to me but a full picture of the tank and a better picture of the plant would help.

The 2nd is a crypt wenditti green or similar.

crypts are a bit weird in that the plants leaves will look very different depending on light level; a lot of them actually do better if the light is not too bright.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts