The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple more of the plants I collected locally.

The first one might be ludwigia repens however it's emersed growth seemed different than any I've had before. Maybe L palustris?

The second one I believe is a ludwigia also. Though I can't figure out which one.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Where did you go collecting peyton? I keep turning up empty on this side of the river. Both are ludwigias, but perhaps Tinanti (the id guru) will
chime in for an answer.

The two main ones in this area are Ludwigia afternifolia and Ludwigia palustris

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
First looks like L. palustris. Second is probably the juvenile submersed form of L. peploides. I tried that one once, and although it grew, it never did that well and really just wanted to get to the surface.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you go collecting peyton? I keep turning up empty on this side of the river. Both are ludwigias, but perhaps Tinanti (the id guru) will
chime in for an answer.

The two main ones in this area are Ludwigia afternifolia and Ludwigia palustris
Haha, a good collector never reveals his source ;). I'll give you a hint though, It's a few miles upriver from were I work.

I found several plants that day I went though. Vals, hornwort, riccia, elodea, azolla, one I belive to be polygonum hydropiperoides, the two ludwigias here, and two other plants yet unidentified.

Thanks Tinanti. It is shooting toward the surface at a fast pace so it might very well be L. peploides. I hope so, it's been on my want list for a while. It was growing everywere where I found it. I seen very little underwater growth though. Mostly it was growing above the water surface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.