The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a few plants I need ID's on. If you can help out thanks a lot.:)

I have a few pics, and I will do my best to describe them too.

Number 1

It looks like a clover on a long thin stem.

Number 2

This is also a stem plant. It is light green with soft pink veins in the leaves. It looks like some sort of Hygro, but I could be way off. The leaves on some of the plants are about 1" to 2" long.

Number 3

The leaves are about 2" long and dark green on the top and maroon/brown on the underside. This is also a stem plant.

Number 4

Thick stem with short broad bright green leaves.

Number 5

Long thin leaves that are a light green. They look wavy to me, like an undulata plant, if that makes sense. Another stem plant.

Number 6

Floating plant.

If this helps at all, all of these plants are from a lowtech dirt tank. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the first one looks like pennywort. idk what the others are. number 4 looks like it could be some sort of bacopa, monnieri maybe. but i cant tell
Thanks man. I have a handful of each of these except for number 1 and 4. I only have a few sprigs of them.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice! come on people! help a dude out!
Lol. Thanks man. Too bad we could not just spam every thread on here. Someone would be bound to say something. Lol.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#2 - Hygrophila polysperma 'sunset'
#3 - Ludwigia repens x arcuata
#4 - Bacopa caroliniana
#5 - Hygrophila sp. of some sort... Maybe Hygrophila 'tiger' or 'bold', but not sure TBH.
#6 - Frogbit
Woah. Thanks man. Are any of them rare?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ever want to part with some H. Polysperma 'Sunset' LMK.
For sure. I am going to try to keep some so I can keep it growing as well.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
What is the color of the roots of #6? The only reason I ask, is because it looks more like red root floaters then Frogbit. At least my frogbit anyways...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.