The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I believe Ludwigia repens has opposite leaf arrangement, where as the plant in the pics appear to have alternating leaves, so I don't think it's L. repens.

The only Ludwigia I really hear of being called pink is Ludwigia ovalis (there is a pink variation as well), but the plant's leaves in the pics are not round enough.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
That's Ludwigia sp. 'rubin'. Bet you at least some leaves are opposite, the result of hybridization between an opposite and alternate-leaved plant. Repens is probably one of the parents, but I don't think it's right to call it "repens rubin".

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks everyone,

And yes the leaves are alternating so I'm still not sure. It was a clipping from a plant that was in a really beautiful tank with really intense light (4 t5ho's) and a 10lb pressurized Co2 system. The mother plant was in the foreground so it wasn't very tall.

Would the intense light and co2 have an effect on the shape of the leaves?

That's Ludwigia sp. 'rubin'. Bet you at least some leaves are opposite, the result of hybridization between an opposite and alternate-leaved plant. Repens is probably one of the parents, but I don't think it's right to call it "repens rubin".
I think we found a winner.. googled this and it looks exactly like the plant.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=218

Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts