The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this plant a few days ago at Petco, and it did not have a label. It was stuck in with the sword plants.

I thought I had it IDed as lilaeopsis macloviana, but now I'm not sure that's it.

Here's a blurry picture (I can't get my camera to take a clear one, since it's broken.). It's about 7-8 inches tall, and growing really fast. It's put out a lot of new leaves since I got it, and has baby plants growing on runners just like an Amazon sword grows. It had what looked like a stem with a flower bud on it, but it broke off accidentally before it could do anything.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Definitely not sag, as you can see the little "sword" shape tips of the leaves. Sag doesn't have tips like that.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, definitely not a sag. It has leaves at the end that are like very narrow sword plant leaves. It reminds me of a melon sword, only the leaves are extremely thin. They don't go all the way down to the root like amazon sword leaves, but have a stem and then a leaf at the end.

It does look a bit like the pygmy chain sword, but it's rather tall--8+ inches. The leaves don't appear to be emersed form, I think they're growing this tall under water, as the new leaves it is putting out underwater are the same as the old.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After watching a lot of new growth on this plant, I think it actually was emersed E. tenellus. It's definitely not the lilaeopsis macloviana I thought it was at first. It's putting out babies like crazy though, it's loving the soil substrate and CO2!

It was putting out leaves for a week or so that were growing just like the old leaves; I think it just took it a while to get used to being underwater.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, I'll try to get a photo tomorrow.

I wasn't really looking for a foreground plant, but it looks really good with the way I rescaped my tank. I'm attached to it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts