The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Restarted this hobby recently, bit of a noob. Very impatient unfortunatelty:icon_roll. Bought these in portugal, and would like to know what they are.

Image 1: Looked like it had a rhizome so i bolted it to some bogwood. I buried another piece but am not sure that was a good idea.

Image 2: This was a big bunch i broke up into 3 bits

Image 3: Its an anubias, but which variety. I am wondering whether it was wise placing this in the high light part of the tank.

image 4: my tank, also got some vallisneria gigantea and some java fern

I got 2 T5s and 2 T8, 100 litre tank, CO2, canister filter and dosing.
Two leopard Plecs,1 fantail and 1 oranda.

Almost a week now, fauna and flora seem great. lots of oxygen bubbles.

Any thoughts? more plants? less light? Im a bit out of practice.

Since im in portugal, the water temp varies between 22 in winter to around 28 in summer with no heater. Figured this would be okay for both the plecs and goldfish. plecs are there for algae hunting obv.

Thanks for your help and thoughts.

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Oh yer, there is decent peat substrate under the gravel, with some fert tabs under the plants. Lighting is 4 hrs in morn, 4 hrs in evening, with co2 during these periods. Had the fish before, they were just ina a non planted tank, so filter colony established etc.

am i gonna get stung by something here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.