The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Your Plant

Good morning Jammie...

Steve is right, I've seen this plant, in large versions, in offices. There's an aquatic plant very similar called a "Pineapple plant". There are several types of "Dracaena deremensis" variety "Compacta". The differences are the green shades and stripe combinations.

This plant shows up occasionally at the chain LFSs. I can tell you, it doesn't grow well in lower light. Pretty plant. I researched it some time ago and tried a couple of times to grow it and gave up.

Good luck!

B

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I just looked at that link a little more and noticed that the information in the two columns doesn't match up with each other

The picture of it they show is submerged, but they list it as terrarium. So there is conflicting information. But it's well known that this plant is not aquatic and will not ultimately survive submerged.

Lighting = High
pH = 6.1-6.5
Growth Form = Rosette
True Aquatic = Terrarium
Placement = Mid ground
Available as = Bare Root

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
why do places do this? is it just an attempt to make money? They know it will die and the hobbyist will just try again or order different plants?

Frustrating....

Caveat emptor:

Better know your stuff when ORDERING plants or buying them in store.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Plant might do well in Riparium where leaves remain above water .
Have seen this plant and other's offered at some chain stores as "assorted aquatic" but some will,, as other's mentioned, rot after a few weeks when completely submerged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.