The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I found it outside in a creek :p

They grow in verryy dense bushes in clear water creeks where i live

isnt galium a plant that can only be found outside of the water? these things are submersed the entire year

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone??

Some of them can indeed grow submersed. I have grown them like that myself. Do you think I would have suggested that if I thought or knew otherwise?
yes xD i've seen some people here actually throw in normal houseplants, and you dont know me, so why woulddnt you tell me xD Can you give me some more info besides the name? i can barely find any information on the internet on the aquatic form of this plant, i did, in no way, try to offend you, i am sorry of i did.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
All I know is that there are quite a few species and a handful of which grow in wet areas. The one I grew was likely Galium palustre. You won't likely find much information about growing them submersed online. In many cases, even the people studying these plants know little if anything about their ability to grow submersed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this plant grows really nice in the creek, very thick bushes, and its pretty winter hardy, as it dissapears during winter but it grows right back in spring. I'm really digging this, hope it'll do good long term in a tropical tank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.