The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
How much CO2 is required for it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I would say you'd need a decent amount of CO2 (say 30 ppm or so) to get it to a nice, lush carpet.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I am injecting CO2 at 1BPS, but I want to know is it enough. Without measui dont think I can confirm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
If your tank is the one in the video, it looks pretty big for 1 BPS. If you don't have a drop checker just measure your PH toward the end of the co2 period and that of a degassed sample (either tap or tank) after it's sitting around for at least a few hours. Your looking for an approx 1.0 PH drop from co2 to degassed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your tank is the one in the video, it looks pretty big for 1 BPS. If you don't have a drop checker just measure your PH toward the end of the co2 period and that of a degassed sample (either tap or tank) after it's sitting around for at least a few hours. Your looking for an approx 1.0 PH drop from co2 to degassed.
It is 29Gal tank with Java fern, anubias, cubuan moss, amazon/melon sword, guppy grass, hornwort, a few jungle vals, and a one stem of bacopa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.