The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I wound up falling in absolute love with this plant... but they didn't know the name (said they had to look it up) and I haven't seen it before I don't think.

Reminds me a lot of the java ferns out there.

Here is a pic:

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to do some research on it and make sure that I meet all of it's needs!

editing to add plant ID to the title

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bolbitis heteroclita.
Oh thank you!!!

looks like Toxicodendron radicans aka Poison Ivy. jk but it does look like it if you trimmed the center leaf so it was the same length as the others. :p
LOL! I don't think the small one has grown the center leaf yet - but i just got them ... they don't look cut though.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It doesn't look anything like poison ivy. The center leaf of poison ivy has 2 "thumbs" on the edges at the wide part of the leaf. Kind of looks like awkward turtle made from your hands. The outside leaves of the trio only have 1 "thumb". :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for IDing it for me! It looks like it will be challenge to not only keep it living but happy and flourishing, so hopefully I will be able to meet that challenge head on and succeed! Definitely helped to give me an idea what it's needs might be!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.