The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can someone id the plant in the picture for me? It's a long straight stalk with 2 opposing leaves about every half inch or so. It kind of just popped out of the Eco complete one day after I put in some plants that I bought so I guess must be a hitchhiker seed. It's not really fast growing and so far only has this one stalk. Anyone know if it's possible to propagate it and how to do it? I'm guessing it's most likely not a stem plant so cutting it and planting the cutting probably won't work?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought Glossostigma elatinoides only grows to about 1 or 2 inches tall? This thing is a good 4 inch tall and growing taller still. Glosso is a stem plant right? so wouldn't it grow roots along the leaf nodes? Also, shouldn't it send out runners and new plants?
Please let me know. thanks

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I thought Glossostigma elatinoides only grows to about 1 or 2 inches tall? This thing is a good 4 inch tall and growing taller still. Glosso is a stem plant right? so wouldn't it grow roots along the leaf nodes? Also, shouldn't it send out runners and new plants?
Please let me know. thanks
Glosso only stays low to the substrate if you provide it with enough light. In low light, it will grow tall and will not spread horizontally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.