The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I bought this plant probably 2 months ago and seems fine. However looking through many pages of plants I cant ID it.

It has a pinkish steam.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I initially thought an emersed plant too. But the OP mentioned that they've had it for 2 months, so that's not likely.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Emersed stem plants tend to grow in that fashion. But the fact that this has been in the tank really throws me off. Maybe a Hygrophila of some sorts?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
it doesn't look like Ammania or Alternanthera to me. Alternanthera is dark red or purple emersed, and the stems when above water are covered in knobby seed things. Still need better photos of the stems and leaves.

Could be Hygrophila corymbosa species, or Gymnocoronis spilanthoides. If you got it at a store in the USA, it is more likely to be something common. Both these plants are common in the USA pet trade.

Hygrophila corymbosa "cherry leaf", or H. stricta, Nomaphila stricta, "Giant Hygro" or "Green Temple" are all the same plant. The leaves can get a pinkish color sometimes under bright light and in young leaves.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.