The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hmm.I can only tell you its a Water lily,in the Nymphea family. Where in Australia? That would help to narrow it down as its probably native.
btw,Some W.L. don't make pads,some do but also make nice underwater foliage also.
I did a fast google glance..and does Nuphar luteum aka Cow Lily sound right? Yellow blooms? Seems to be the most common lily in Oz.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clermont out west qeensland

grows on a runer like val , it stays in a round cluster say two foot round and it is not growing in deep water ill send a photo soon looking down on the water plant

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm still leaning to N.lutea. Very nice looking plant. With those big underwater leaves its a wonder it hasn't been put into the aquarium trade. Flowers are modest..but foliage is exotic- looking at your photos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

that is the water plant from top looking down when had rain water is dirty, thanks for the imformation about this very helpful yeah nice looking it is wonder it is not on the trade market

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.