The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this? I bought it the other day and I'm now thinking it may not be a fully aquatic plant. It came in a little pot with gravel. I'm in SE Asia if that helps (Vietnam).

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Looks like Hydrocotyle umbellata. It grows in aquariums and as a house plant, so you can plant it both ways . By the way most plants in the hobby are not fully aquatic, instead they can grow either emersed or submersed, like H. umbellata.

Edit: Was doing some reading and am unsure now whether this is H. umbellata or H. verticillata. If anyone would like to confirm the difference between the 2 that would be great. I think verticillata is shorter. Nevertheless both can be grown in your aquarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man and excuse my late reply. I do think it is H. umbellata after looking at looking at images of both. They also sell them in water filled hanging pots here too.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
No worries hahaha! Wasn't holding my breath! I found H. umbellatta in my garden, so I always have a free source I guess. Perks of living in SE Asia. The pots sound pretty neat.
How's it growing in your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Brazilian pennyworth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts