The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your photos are blurry so it's hard for me to tell exactly but looks like some sort of hygrophila- quite possibly polysperma

·
Registered
124 Posts
I see potentially 3 different plants here. Ludwigia Arcuata X Repens, Ludwigia Glandulosa, and regular Ludwigia Arcuata.

The most centered one that grows to the top is probably Arcuata X Repens.

There is one red plant on the left and middle of the 1st picture that looks a bit like L. Glandulosa (but could just be a reddish stem of Arcuata X Repens).

The bottom right of the 1st picture looks like regular L. Arcuata.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see potentially 3 different plants here. Ludwigia Arcuata X Repens, Ludwigia Glandulosa, and regular Ludwigia Arcuata.

The most centered one that grows to the top is probably Arcuata X Repens.

There is one red plant on the left and middle of the 1st picture that looks a bit like L. Glandulosa (but could just be a reddish stem of Arcuata X Repens).

The bottom right of the 1st picture looks like regular L. Arcuata.

its just one plant(not 3) :p the nursery sold it to me as a single plant stalk as l. glandulosa. when i posted about it in the forum i got a lot of reaction i was wrong... and they asked me to take a picture again if the plant matured a bit more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think that's probably the correct ID now that I see the 2 additional photos (glandulosa) but some does resemble arcuata such as on photo 1 the green thinner leaves. I could only see one photo previously. Ludwigia species can be really tricky because the color & shape varies so much according to amount of light and growing conditions!

I always want to know what I have so I understand but it is pretty and obviously growing like crazy for you :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry, perhaps I was being confusing.

The plant youre asking about looks like (IMO) Ludwigia Repens x Arcuata.

That being said I also saw a few plants on the edges of the picture, as I described in my previous post, that looked like L. Glandulosa and perhaps L. Arcuata or Hygrophila Araguia. But I wasnt sure if those were all part of the same plant or not.

Google those names and compare them to whats in your tank.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, perhaps I was being confusing.

The plant youre asking about looks like (IMO) Ludwigia Repens x Arcuata.

That being said I also saw a few plants on the edges of the picture, as I described in my previous post, that looked like L. Glandulosa and perhaps L. Arcuata or Hygrophila Araguia. But I wasnt sure if those were all part of the same plant or not.

Google those names and compare them to whats in your tank.

i know the other plants, and those aint in there :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts