·
Registered
67 Posts
isn't that duckweed? or some type of variety

·
Registered
81 Posts
What plant is this in a shrimp tank? Thanks
IMHO, I do not think those are of the normal or giant duckweed varieties: the roots are too numerous, arching and long, the crowns are too far below the water surface, individual leaves are too far apart and the duckweed (even the giant ones) are still too small to be captured with that kind of resolution from a picture of a video. Instead, I think the green floaters are frogbit, Limnobium laevigatum. The red ones I cannot discern from the poor image; but, in the hobby, there are only a few floater options available and, among them, red rooted floaters, Phyllanthus fluitans, seem to be the most likely candidate.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
The larger image in the op screen capture is a floating plant, frogbit, you can tell by how leaves grow from its base.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is frog bit. I watched another video of hers and she mentions frog bit but it is in passing. After researching, this is what it is. Sorry for such poor quality. I took it off the computer during a YouTube clip.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yes, it is frog bit. I watched another video of hers and she mentions frog bit but it is in passing. After researching, this is what it is. Sorry for such poor quality. I took it off the computer during a YouTube clip.

Thanks a bunch!
Just a tip, you can press "PrtScn" (print screen, usually on the top of the keyboard, above arrow keys, to the right of F12) key on your keyboard and it copies what is seen on the screen. You can then paste the image onto a program such as Paint and crop/edit it if you want. That way you don't have to use a camera to take a pic of the screen and it comes out in better quality.

Or you could of just gave a link to the vid and tell us what time in the vid to check.

Looks like there may be some red root floaters in there as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.