a sectaceum of some type?

Eriocaulon sectaceum (type)

or try looking up

hydrothix garderni

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes eriocaulon sectaceum was what it was called! Does anyone know how to propagate this plant. I've had it for a while and it hasn't split or when I cut it and tried to plant the other half it never grew

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It should do as that, split and grow sideshoots, you can either tear the sideshoots off which will also might split the main stem partially or just cut the sideshoots. Maybe in your case when it gets closer to the light it'll start shooting.There are many different types of eriocaulon sectaceum.

Are you sure its not hydrothix gardneri? looks like mine when mine was malnourished.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah cause when I got it, the name on the bag said some name that started with an "e" but I threw away the bag. Anyways I've had this plant for over a month and it's grown tall but hasn't split. I know it's not malnourished because I have a dense DBT carpet and plenty of ferts co2 and light. I just had a slight algae issue which is why it looks weird. I'm hoping it will start to send shoots and grow more bush like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.