The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me identify this:

Pulled it from a friend a few weeks ago when they were tossing it out and dropped it into my 5.5gal low light shrimp tank. It's tripled in size and sent runners all over the place. Have harvested at least 15 plantlets with roots recently.

Any thoughts? I've looked through the plant database and googled galore and can't decide on a specific identity.

Thanks!

Jake

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Your Plant

Hello Jake...

Looks very much like the sword variety "Tenellus" I used to have. Sadly, it didn't do very well in my low tech, low light tanks.

Why do you still have it in the temporary pot? I've always removed the small pots, discarded the rock wool and either replanted the plant in the gravel or put it into a much larger pot with organic potting soil.

B

·
Super Moderator
16,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left it in the temporary pot because it's in a temporary home.

Don't really keep anything in that shrimp tank other than mosses, floaters and Anubias. Sometimes use it to house plants and such I pull from folks. Gathered several Java Ferns from the same friend and currently have them on the other side of the tank til I decide what to do with them.

There's very little light, no ferts, substrate is an inch of white sand so I'm surprised to see this plant doing well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.