The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a bit of Hydrotriche hottoniiflora in my tank and it sure is delicate looking. I have to use it to compare.

I was at petland today and they had some bunches of stems listed as "Cabomba" and I am 99% sure they were right, but which cabomba?

It looked similar to H. hottoniiflora but the stems appeared brownish in color and the needle-like leaves were much darker green. The best way I can describe it is to say this plant looked really sturdy in comparison.

Anyhow I really liked it and should've just gotten some for the 5.00 for 5 stems but I did not and it is at least an hour drive one way. But if I know which species it was I can always order it.

--and if anybody has any info on requirements for this plant that would be appriciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hi dprais1,

It is likely to be one of the three common varieties listed below which are sold to LFS by the plant farms in Florida.

Cabomba caroliniana - Green Cabomba
Cabomba furcata
Cabomba pulcherrima - Purple Cabomba

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm guessing it's good old cabomba carolina. I'll see if they still have some next week and go from there.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.