The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I joined this forum specifically to ask this question…

So I recently started up my first aquarium ever, I am brand new to this hobby. I did a lot of research ahead of time, so I do know a bit about quite a few aquarium plants, but am by no means an expert.

I sourced most of my aquarium plants off of Facebook marketplace, and am very happy with all the plants so far. One thing though, a seller told me this plant is hornwort. However, today I accidentally uprooted one of the stems and was surprised to see quite substantial roots had grown on it. I know hornwort doesn’t grow roots, so it must be something else.

I don’t mind that it’s something else, it looks nice and is serving the same purpose I wanted the hornwort for, I’d just like to know what it is!

Thanks in advance!
Plant Plant community Organism Sunlight Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking a look ustabefast. I did consider that as an option, but the close up pictures I can find online have quite a different leaf shape (to my eye, anyway). Do you know if there are some varieties with different leaf shapes? I'll attach a close up of the leaves + pictures of watersprite leaves I've found online to illustrate what I mean.

My tank is just finishing up cycling, so sorry about the mess of algaes 😅

Plant Terrestrial plant Arecales Grass Aquatic plant
Plant Terrestrial plant Tree Larch Evergreen

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have no clue as to what it i might be but it is definitely not hornworth which I have aplenty it grows so bloody fast i throw away armful every couple of weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts