The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, received this plant as a gift, however they weren't sure what it was and neither am I.

Help please!

Hard to see because of my lights, from the top.

TIA!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like some sort of Rotala, not sure which, but I don't think it's rotundifolia, the leaves aren't usually that red.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree. The pink tint of rotundifolia in a well-lit setting is a nice, subtle accent to the green in a planted aquarium.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
rotala macaranda iinm
Possibly, I have macrandra in my tank and the leaves don't have that much space in between them. If it was a light issue causing the plant to stretch and it was macrandra, it would be a green color. Could it be an emersed plant?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Caletstus, what light is it you're using for that tank?
A heavily modified photon16.

This is all submersed, I've waited a month to ask/take the picture to make sure it wasn't emersed growth. The stems I received were all under 3" this is all new submersed.

rotala macrandra mini does seem rather close, picture wise, but the leaves on this are a bit smaller than the pictures I'm digging up and the spacing is larger as sohank mentioned. I don't really have anything in my tank that "reaches" the light is beyond over kill intensity/duration wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts